a. Choose the correct word from a, b, c and d:
1. ……. The runners ran for more than an hour. They are all totally
2. At this time of the year the .......... of cars is usually higher than any other time.
3. My mother often tells me not to the cat with milk or cheese
. c. scream
4. I went with my class on a trip to the .........We saw different types of fish
b. Fill in the spaces with words from the list :
(rough - carefully - expensive - happily - old-fashioned)
5. Listen to me carefully, then write down the words you hear.
6. My father smiled happily when he saw us waiting for him in the airport.
7. Their small boat jumped up and down through the waves in the rough sea.
8. Many machines at the factory are old-fashioned. We need to replace them with new one
Read the following passage then answer the questions below:
How are you? My family and I are still in Africa. We left Kenya and we are now touring Tanzania. It's a country in the east of Africa. We are having a great time here. Let me tell you about it. On the first day, we visited the capital city, Dodoma. We went to a restaurant and tasted the local food. It is delicious.
The next day, our guide took us to Arusha National Park. It's in the north of Tanzania and it has many beautiful lakes with different water colours. Here you can watch many kinds of birds around the park. This place is the home for the pink flamingos which crowd around the shores of the Great Momela
Lake giving it its special pink colour.
How excited I was to see the giraffes, zebras and elephants. Dad helped me to ride on an elephant. At first, I was scared but then, I enjoyed it because the elephant was nice. That's all about me. Ah, I forgot to tell you that we took a lot of photos in all the places we went to. I'll let you see them when I will be back next week.
a. Choose the correct answer from a, b, c and d :
9. The main idea of the 2nd paragraph is
a. Trying the delicious local food in Tanzania
b. Visiting the fantastic Arusha National Park
c. Riding the elephant and enjoying the wild life
d. Taking photos in all the place they went to
10. The underlined word "crowd "in the 2nd paragraph means:
a. meet together
d. dive into
11. The underlined word "it" in the 1" paragraph refers to:
a. a great time
b. the first day
c. the local food
d. the capital city
12. When Oliver was writing this e-mail, his family was:
a. visiting Kenya
b. touring Tanzania
c. having lunch in a restaurant
d. studying the types of birds in Africa
13. All of the following statements are TRUE except:
a. The family is enjoying their time during the tour.
b. On the first day of the visit, the family tried the Tanzanian food
c. Arusha National Park is in the south of Kenya
d. Oliver saw many wild animals during his tour in Africa
14. What is the author's purpose in writing this text?
a. Tell about a touristic visit to Tanzania
b. Compare two African countries; Kenya and Tanzania
c. Describe one of the wild animals in the African forests
d. Show how friendly and kind the people of Tanzania are
b. With reference to the passage answer the following questions:
15. Why does the lake in the Arusha National Park look pink?
Because of the pink flamingos which crowd around the shores of the Great Momela Lake giving it its special pink colour.
16. How could Oliver ride one of the huge elephants?
His father helped him to ride on an elephant.
Any reasonable answer related to the text is accepted
a. Choose the correct answer from a, b ,c and d:
17. If you read stories in English, you ...... ......... so many new words.
b. will learn
d. are learning
18. This is the T-shirt ................... I'm going to wear in the next match.
19. i ................. mum in the kitchen when I broke one of the dishes
c. am helping
d. was helping
20. Many people enjoy diving .................... it's a very interesting sport.
b. Do as shown between brackets:
21. My brother used to study French when he was young. (Make negative)
My brother didn't use to / didn't used to / used not to study French when he was young.
22. While the girl was waiting for the bus, she (see) an accident. (Correct the verb)
While the girl was waiting for the bus, she saw an accident.
Re-write the underlined words correctly :
20. The baby has slept suonldy in his bed all night. soundly
21. Keep medicine bottles away. They might be posiuonos to children. poisonous
22. My uncle is a busisensman, who owns a big company. businessman
23. It's the last day of the offer. Don't msis the deal. miss