A. From a, b, c and d, choose the most suitable word that best completes each of the following sentences:
01. People like to --------- ---- birds in the parks and public places
02. Some sports clubs ask for a health --------------------- to let you join them
03. Jeep cars are more suitable for driving on ------------------ roads
04. Don't touch this fish, it has sharp - -------- on its body
B. Fill in the spaces with the most suitable words from the list below:
carefully / finally / exhausted / dirty / happily
05. There are dirty plastic boxes behind that building
06. The baby sat in his chair laughing happily
07. The doctor was exhausted after finishing his work
08. You should walk carefully on icy grounds
- Read the following passage carefully, then answer the questions below:
Everyone has a favourite attraction at an amusement park. The Ferris wheel is one of
the favourite attractions in any fair or amusement park. While the Ferris wheel is not as
thrilling as a rollercoaster, it is still very exciting. The fact of being high in the air makes it
so much more entertaining than a lot of rides.
Riding the Ferris wheel is rather relaxing. At the top of the Ferris
wheel, you get a beautiful sight of the park. You also get a sense of calmness that you
don't get in the other games at the park. Additionally, Ferris wheels are also gorgeous to
look at when they are lit up at night. In fact, the original Ferris wheel was designed as
much to be seen as to be ridden. It is truly incredible to see.
The first Ferris wheel was made in 1893. It was designed for the Chicago World's
Fair. It was the tallest attraction there, standing 264 feet high. Ferris wheel technology has
only improved since then. Most of today's Ferris wheels are much larger than that first one.
A. From a, b, c and d, choose the most suitable answer:
09. What is the best title of this passage?
a- Types of Wheels
b- The Rollercoasters
c- The Ferris Wheels
d- The Wheels Technology
10. What is the OPPOSITE of the underlined word "thrilling" in the 1st paragraph?
11. The underlined word " It" in the 2nd paragraph refers to:
b- Ferris wheel
12. The Ferris wheel is lit up at night to:
a-hold more people
b- look bigger
d- look attractive
13. According to the passage, the following statements are TRUE EXCEPT:
a- Riding the Ferris wheel is boring
b- The first Ferris wheel was 264 feet high
. C- Ferris wheels are gorgeous to look at
d-Ferris wheel technology has improved
14. The writer's purpose of writing this passage is to:
a-describe the amusement park rides
b- explain the original design of Ferris wheels
C- tell us the history of Ferris wheels
d- describe the thrilling feeling of riding a rollercoaster
B. Answer the following questions:
15. When was the first Ferris wheel made?
It was made in 1893.
16. Why is the Ferris wheel relaxing?
It is relaxing because you get a beautiful sight of the park at the top of it. / It gives a sense of calmness. / It is gorgeous at night.
(Any reasonable answer with reference to the passage is accepted.)
A. From a, b, c and d choose the most suitable answer:
17. Always ---------------- your room clean and tidy.
18. The phone --------------- while I was having my dinner.
c. has rung
d. is ringing
19. When the police arrived, the thief ----------- over the wall.
b. is climbing
c. was climbing
20. In the past, people -------------use to have air conditioners in their houses.
B. Do as required
21. If he (play) in the street, he will get hurt .(Correct)
22. The farmer has a black horse. The black horse can run fast. (Join using which)
The farmer has a black horse which can run fast.
Rewrite the underlined words correctly:
23. The bus stopped sdndeluy in the middle of the street.
24. I need modern fiurnurte for my new house.
25. It is better for you to leave now, or you will msis your flight.
26. My uncle is a rcih man; he has a big villa on the beach.